Cool Name

Okay, so I showed my wife the opening post to my new blog. And she began to laugh. I said, "What's so funny?" She tells me that it is funny that I will not give my name. Especially, since the only people that will initially read it already know who I am. I'm not going to lie to you, but right now I am a little embarrassed at my short-sightedness. BUT I WANT A PEN NAME.....you can't take that from me!!!

So, as I've contemplated what cool pen name I would like to give myself, I have debated many options. I first looked at my family history database to see if there were any cool names that called out to me.......no. Then I searched my personal library, trying to determine if there were any cool character names that came to mind........no. I then thought "JACK BAUER"....... definitely cool, but........no. So then, sitting here at work, bored out of my mind, I did a google search for "cool names" and I went to COOL Baby Boy Names and searched their list. And I found one......TALON. For those of you that know who I am, you can probably guess the connection I have to this name. If you can't guess, or if you don't know me, well, that will make for a good story later.

For those of you that are here for the genealogy content.....I promise I will get to that. Just bear with me while I go thru the fun of setting this thing up before I get down to the nitty gritty of providing useful family history insights. But let me leave you with this......"Are you a hunter or a gatherer?" Take that in any context you wish and leave me a comment describing what you are and why!!

TALON

  • I used to be a gatherer but now I consider myself a hunter. When I started I only wanted names, dates and places, and now that I'm wiser and more experienced I wish that I had captured the memories and stories from all sources.

    Good luck with the blog -- Randy